LIGHTHEARTED SUPPLEMENTS FOR HARD RECOVERY WORK (free!)
Everyone knows: Recovery is hard work. Especially in the beginning, there’s little play, little joy, and little fun stuff to get things going.
For individuals trying to beat addiction, recovery is centered around consequences of past decisions, processing past mistakes, enormous life changes, 12-step meetings, poor concentration and memory, and adjusting to a new and sober identity. Nope. Not easy work.
This little booklet presents several light-hearted handouts to lighten the load, all centered around recovery. They range from “Find the Matching Pair” to coloring… and a few things in between.
Recovery is challenging, yes, but it’s also meant to remind us that life can be silly, imaginative, and filled with cartoons and coloring.
Providers can use these worksheets as an introduction to addiction work, warm-ups for group therapy, or a fun option for homework.
Table of Contents
- Don’t abuse drugs: Find the two that are identical
- Say no to drugs: Find the two that are identical
- Take meds as prescribed: Find the two that are identical
- Abusing drugs is bad: Which is identical to the original?
- The future happens one day at a time: Maze
- Recovery 1 coloring
- Recovery 2 coloring
- About the author
Leave a Reply